Saturday, October 31, 2009

6-26-09_RioSmith_Dance_WashingtonSquare_YiChunWu

6-26-09_RioSmith_Dance_WashingtonSquare_YiChunWu

I know I haven't posted for a while, but here are a photos and experiences from this summer:

This past summer was amazing, spent in New York City, I interned with Dnace Photographer: Lois Greenfield (http://www.LoisGreenfield.com) and helped out Matt Karas (http://www.MattKaras.com) with a few shoots. There were a bunch of us working in the studio throughout the summer, from Jack, to Aaron MeWa, Amy and Yi-Chun, and then the few other interns. I learned a whole lot from each of them this summer, and treasure the experience.

Not only was it amazing from the studio side of things, but also from it just being NYC. I think I fell in love with the city a bit over the summer. There are so many interesting people to meet and things to do with endless possibilities.

In any case I decided that I couldn't let all this dance and photography float by me without working on a few shoots around the city myself.

Yi-Chun and I decided to work on this series together, trading off assisting and photographing. I think we both learned a lot from a each other as well as from the experience itself.

In this shoot Rio Smith of Kazuko Hirabayashi Dance Theatre came out on the shoot with us which took place in and around Washington Square.

So here are a few photos from this shoot:



























No comments:

Post a Comment